Fun. have launched the Alternative Break Tour which allows teens to get active in their communities with volunteer work with non-profit organizations before attending shows. More information is below and you can apply for the program here.
Music and Equality Alternative Break Tour
New Orleans, Houston, Atlanta – Oct. 5th – 9th, 2013
A crew of volunteers (ages 21+) will spend a week on the road with The Ally Coalition, PFLAG and FUN. for an Alternative Break Tour! Powered by Calling All Crows, Alternative Break Tours are unique volunteer trips for music fans looking to create change through hands-on service and activism. Designed to give service-minded music fans a taste of life on tour, ABTs are full-immersion, 5-day/4-night experiences that transform communities and the lives of the participants. Volunteers will travel together on a tour bus for five days and four nights, completing service projects with local non-profit organizations during the day, and volunteer with The Ally Coalition in The Equality Village and catch FUN. on stage at night!
The Alternative Break Tour experience includes:
- Travel on a tour bus from the arrival airport to the departure airport, Oct. 5 – 9, 2013.
- All meals from lunch on arrival day (Oct. 5th) to breakfast on departure day (Oct. 9th).
- Concert outreach opportunities with The Ally Coalition and general admission to three Fun. shows.
- Hands-on volunteer opportunities in New Orleans, Houston, and Atlanta and all service supplies.
Volunteers are responsible for:
- Providing their own transportation into New Orleans International Airport (MSY) by 1:00 pm on Oct. 5, 2013.
- Providing their own transportation out of Atlanta International Airport (ATL) after 12:00pm on Oct. 9, 2013.
- Raising $800 to offset ABT program costs while on ABT including travel and lodging; breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day; and volunteer opportunities. Program costs are all-inclusive.
- A $200 non-refundable deposit (toward $800 total tuition) is due no later than Sept. 6, 2013.